Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Why Should You Get Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Employers are required to follow workers’ compensation state statutes. Regardless of who is at fault, workers are covered for worksite injuries. States determine the benefit amount. Your business plays a role and your approach can impact the costs associated with purchasing a workers compensation policy.
You have worked hard to build your business. You worry about how to protect your business financially. You know about some aspects of insurance protection but have a concern that coverages are complex and you may have gaps. We’ll provide you expert recommendations, review coverages with you and provide options to manage budget and expense for short term and long term needs.
Common Concerns When Selecting Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Here at Smith Kenyon Insurance Resources, we solve your issues with placing and maintaining business owner’s insurance. We know most people experience these concerns:
- Understanding Coverages
- Coverage options to help you manage your budget
- Ease of setting up coverage or switching.
- Did I get the right price? Did I get an explanation as to why my workers’ compensation policy was priced this way?
- Do I have an agent that understands the claim process or are they just sales experts?
- Did they provide me options to protect my business from financial hardship?
Expert Guidance from a Licensed Workers’ Compensation Insurance Agent
You are savvy and you have done your research, yet sometimes you do not know what you do not know. You need expert guidance on coverage and insurance pricing insight to manage your budget. We provide you recommendations, sort through the price options, and help you save money to manage your budget. Your end goal is to protect your business. We help you meet that goal.
What You Need To Know When Selecting The Right Workers’ Compensation Insurance Policy
The basics on workers’ compensation insurance coverage:
- State statutes require employers to provide coverage
- Payroll is used to develop the rate for workers compensation
What you should know about your workers’ compensation insurance when filing a claim:
- Agents recommend actions you can take that impact your rate.
- Costs include insurance premiums, payments made under deductibles, and the administrative costs of handling claims and making reports to the state and your insurer
- Business classification is critical, why
- Carriers and Claim handling can vary.
Additional factors to consider when selecting business auto insurance:
- Discounts and Rating variables
- Deductibles impact costs
- Can my employee sue me anyway if I have workers’ compensation?
We’re Also Here To Help You When Filing A Workers’ Compensation Insurance Claim
After we review your circumstances, we survey our providers and compare prices and coverage. Once your policy is placed our priority to you is to help you with service needs and at claim time to guide you through the process.
At Smith Kenyon Insurance Resources, we built our insurance agency around serving the community, because everyone deserves to feel good about protecting what they love.
We’re easy to work with every step of the way. Call us at 515-259-7782 or contact us to get started.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance FAQ’s:
Can I reduce my workers compensation premiums?
Several Options do exist: Manage your indirect cost, look at training opportunities and caring for your employees, work with your insurance expert to correctly figure payroll. We’ll work with you to prepare an action plan.
How else do you help?
We work with carriers and partners that provide: Review and management of workers‘ comp classifications; Handle workers’ compensation audits (usage and level depend on carrier); Provide safety programs, with training including safety inspections and worksite hazard recommendations; Provide safety manuals, templates, and a safety resource library; and review risk management.