Commercial Property Insurance
Commercial Property Insurance to Protect Your Business Property
Business Property Insurance goes beyond the thought: “I’ll just insure my building”. Plans vary by business type, size of the structure, and the types of contents you want to protect.
Our number one goal is to protect you and your business financially. Our second mission is we want to be your information coach and share details of insurance protection that you might not know. Property losses are devastating. Correct coverage can help restore your business and take care of you during interruptions.
Common Concerns When Selecting Commercial Property Insurance
Here at Smith Kenyon Insurance Resources, we solve your issues with placing and maintaining commercial property insurance. We know most people experience these concerns:
- Understanding Coverages
- Coverage options to help you manage your budget
- Ease of setting up coverage or switching.
- Did I get the right price? Did I get an explanation as to why my property policy was priced this way?
- Do I have an agent that understands the claim process or are they just sales experts?
- Did they provide me options to protect my business from financial hardship?
Expert Guidance from a Licensed Commercial Property Insurance Agent
Every Commercial structure is different and you worry about having the right coverage. You are savvy and you have done your research, but you need an expert to review your specific situation. We provide you expert coverage recommendations, sort through the price options, and provide guidance unique to your needs. Your end goal is to protect your commercial property. We help you meet that goal.
What You Need To Know When Selecting The Right Commercial Property Insurance Policy
The basics on commercial property insurance coverage:
- Mortgage providers require property insurance
- Sign coverage may need to be added
- If my business is closed due to a loss I may need interruption and expense coverages
What you should know about your commercial property insurance when filing a claim:
- Some package policies cover risks beyond the building
- Location and building size impact the rate you pay
- Coinsurance can be a big factor in claim payment adjustments
- Carriers and Claim handling can vary
Additional factors to consider when selecting commercial property insurance:
- Add on coverages may be needed but some agents don’t include these
- Deductibles impact costs
- Building Codes, utility interruption and spoilage coverage vary
We’re Also Here To Help You When Filing A Commercial Property Insurance Claim
After we review your circumstances, we survey our providers and compare prices and coverage. Once your policy is placed our priority to you is to help you with service needs and at claim time to guide you through the process.
At Smith Kenyon Insurance Resources, we built our insurance agency around serving the community, because everyone deserves to feel good about protecting what they love.
We’re easy to work with every step of the way. Call us at 515-259-7782 or contact us to get started.
Commercial Insurance FAQ’s:
What is Coinsurance?
Coinsurance is the percentage of value that the policyholder is required to insurance If you insure your property for less than that amount your insurance company imposes a “coinsurance penalty” once a claim is filed.
What are common pitfalls I should be aware of? How can you help my business as we grow?
The first mistake many make with commercial property coverage is mis-classifying the coverage types and paying too much. We’ll work with you to ensure the classifications are right. As you grow, we’ll work with you to manage the changes you experience and recommend approaches to manage your protection.