Commercial Auto Insurance
Why Should You Get Business Auto Insurance?
Some people think their personal lines auto coverage will protect them when a car is used for business.
Not having the correct coverage can impact your business negatively and it can cause hardship.
In the case of business auto insurance, if we fail to ask about coverage options or If we avoid research and do not seek options, we might just miss the smart option—to find the right combination of coverage and price.
Our number one goal is to protect you and your business financially. Our second mission is we want to be your information source. When we consult together, we will share details of insurance protection that you might not know. Auto accidents cause injuries, ruin cars, and disrupt your business. We help you get the right auto coverage for the right price and we help you after the fact.
Common Concerns When Selecting Business Auto Insurance
Here at Smith Kenyon Insurance Resources, we solve your issues with placing and maintaining commercial auto insurance. We know most people experience these concerns:
- Understanding Coverages
- Need to Manage Business Budget
- Ease of setting up coverage or switching.
- Did I get the right price? Did I get a comparison of prices instead of just one price?
- Do I have an agent that understands the claim process or are they just sales experts?
- Did they provide me options to protect my business from financial hardship?
Expert Guidance from a Licensed Business Liability Insurance Agent
Today’s commercial auto insurance provides savvy insight and tools to manage your fleet, your expenses and your drivers. You need expert guidance on coverage and insurance pricing insight to manage your budget. We provide you coverage that includes the tools to best manage your auto risks and operations. We’ll provide coverage recommendations, sort through the price options, and help you save money to manage your budget. Your end goal is to protect your commercial auto and your assets. We help you meet that goal.
What You Need To Know When Selecting The Right Business Auto Insurance Policy
The basics on business auto insurance coverage:
- Legally you are required to have liability insurance for your car.
- If you took a loan out on your car or have a lease, the company financing your automobile will require you to have physical damage coverage.
- Coverage and costs vary by types of autos, car use, drivers, and locations.
What you should know about your business auto insurance when filing a claim:
- Commercial auto insurance handles vehicle coverage differently than your personal policy
- The role deductibles play in setting pricing.
- Driver safety matters and it is important to manage impacts of at-fault accidents and tickets
- Carriers and Claim handling can vary.
Additional factors to consider when selecting business auto insurance:
- Telematics or Usage-Based Insurance
- Autos you own, Autos you hire or lease, and non-owned auto coverages vary
- Single company agents do not price compare because they only offer one price
- Discounts and Rating variables
- Internet-only providers and 24-hour call centers are convenient, yet they miss one key item
We’re Also Here To Help You When Filing A Business Auto Insurance Claim
After we review your circumstances, we survey our providers and compare prices and coverage. Once your policy is placed our priority to you is to help you with service needs and at claim time to guide you through the process.
At Smith Kenyon Insurance Resources, we built our insurance agency around serving the community, because everyone deserves to feel good about protecting what they love.
We’re easy to work with every step of the way. Call us at 515-259-7782 or contact us to get started.
Commercial Auto Insurance FAQ’s:
What tools can you provide me to manage my fleet?
We work with carriers that employ use of telematics. These tools managers can see driver routes, vehicle use and driving behavior. This data can provide rich insight which will allow you to reward better drivers and coach poor drivers. Mobile workforces are a big investment for your business; whether you’ve got one vehicle or a fleet. These tools help you with insight and are like having a safety manager on board each vehicle.
Why should we screen our drivers and understand what is on their MVR’s (Motor Vehicle Records)?
You are legally liable when you allow someone to drive one of your vehicles. Poor drivers, unlicensed individuals can impact your expenses and cause you operational issues.
Why do I need such high limits?
Today’s litigious environment requires adequate coverage to protect your business assets and provide legal expertise.